Sunday, April 4, 2010

Someday...

I'm watching Hoarders right now on TLC. Oh M G. I have a new fear in life of winding up like these people. Here is another positive to the military. You CAN'T keep frivolous things. You just can't. It's not possible with all of the moving we do. The 'never knowing' how the next home is going to be laid out, or where you'll put something has really changed my outlook on "stuff".

I had a friend in high school come over to help me clean my room (Ashley is still a great organizer!) and I remember her saying to me... "Why do you have this?" And my always response would be "Well I might need it someday". I've learned a lot about needs and wants, and completely unnecessary items... and how "someday" may never come along and then your stuff has accumulated and you're "buried alive". Terrifying.

Lucky for me though I've moved 3 times recently and the 4th is right around the corner so "someday" forces me to clean out, throw out, donate and store plenty of times a year!

Someday...



I've learned recently that I'm young. Sometimes I forget how young I really am. For some reason lately I've been noticing people all around me telling really awesome cool stories and I'm saying to myself... "why don't I have stories like that?" Well, you know what. I'm going to have great stories too. I'm going to live a full, crazy, and happy life, and it's going to be fabulous. Why do I have to be worried about that at 22 I haven't had enough life experiences. I feel like I haven't accomplished enough, or had enough milestones.... but seriously- it's all rubbish. I've done a lot for a 22 year old, and I'm going to get some really awesome opportunities over the course of this lifetime, so why worry?


Sorry if this post doesn't make a lot of sense. It's late and I'm tried. Hoarders just really freaked me out. :)

OH! And Happy Easter! :) Cheyenne and I took pictures today after we went to church on the base in our Easter Best. She is so cute.

And look for a post soon about Abby, our roommates new puppy!

0 comments: