Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Why you shouldn't clean...

So today I spent the majority of my day cleaning. I don't care much about cleaning. I realize it's something that must be done, but honestly, I do not care for it. George knew this getting into this marriage and I'm truly surprised at how much patience he has with me and my cleaning habits. :) Anyways... here is a very short story as to why you shouldn't clean. It's dangerous...

Today I vacuumed the bathroom floor, then mopped it. In doing this mopping (with a washcloth, bucket of soap and water, down on my hands and knees), I moved a wooden shelf out of the bathroom and put it in the hallway so I could clean underneath it. While the floor was drying, I went to throw another load of clothes in the washing machine. I filled my basket with dirty clothes, and because the entrance to my bedroom is so narrow, I couldn't turn the 180 degrees around and walk facing forward out of the bedroom. So I backed out of the bedroom. I forgot the vacuum and shelf were still in the hallway. I tripped into the vacuum, knocking it down, making my self flip backwards, landing on top of the vacuum cleaner, hitting my head on the shelf, knocking the shelf over, clothes flying all over the place, the laundry basket landing on my chest, with my back bent a way it shouldn't be bent.

I really hate that this fall was not caught on camera. It is straight out of a movie. How do I do these things to myself? I don't know, but my back is very sore, and I scraped my leg pretty bad. Not to mention what happened to my poor vacuum.




So let this be a lesson to all of you. Cleaning is dangerous. Don't do it.

Love,

Chelsea

1 comments:

yahoo said...

i like to clean when i'm supposed to be doing something more important like paperwork