Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy 2012

Happy New Year!
It's 2012. Does that seem right to you? Me? Not so much. Yet, here we are! 2011 was eventful to say the least. We faced our first deployment, I faced my first earthquake. I graduated college, George will be done with his masters in just a few weeks. In a nutshell, we've been busy. We traveled to Singapore, Thailand, and Bali together. He traveled the middle east. I traveled some of America. It was crazy.

2012 promises to be equally crazy. I'm sure of it. I think the only big event planned is my sister's wedding this June, so we'll do a trip out to the A in the spring, but generally there isn't anything life changing on the agenda for the year (as of today) but being a military family we know that can change at the drop of a hat. I look forward to the challenges that'll eventually be thrown at us. I'm going to take them down.

We rang in the new year by heading to a party at the officer's club here on the base. We always have a good time hanging out there and when we got there there was a jazz band on stage in one room, and food in the other. We chose the room with the food because hey--I'm not kissing 2011 goodbye with an empty stomach. Right? We mingled, ate, had a drink and then headed over to the room where the band had stopped but a very sad selection of music from the DJ booth was playing. It wasn't going well, and the actual DJ didn't exist. They tried to do a drawing for prizes but needed help because the sound system wasn't working and the microphone was muffled and it was in general a tad chaotic.

I heard several different groups talking about getting an iPod hooked up at the booth to play some more current and fun music but no one seemed to think their iPod's were worthy enough. However, I knew that George had lots of good songs on his iPhone! So we tracked him down and asked him to plug his in. He agreed and was able to make it to the DJ booth and with some other friends figured out how to play the good songs so we could properly rock away from 2011. And so he did. And we rocked it out!

Even today I was stopped and asked to tell my husband how great of a job he did and how he saved new years eve! Between him and other various friends stopping in to help at the DJ booth the party turned out to be a huge success and we danced until 2am. Three cheers for George and our other awesome friends!

I had a few weeks off from teaching for the holidays so we really just enjoyed our time together!

Happy new year!


















0 comments: