Monday, March 8, 2010

Dog Parks, Dentists, Damn Planes and Dumb Houses

When we lived in Valdosta, George and I would drive 2 hours to Jacksonville, Florida with Cheyenne, our friend Paul and his two dogs Sasha (big dumb boxer), and Jojo (fast little low-pitched yippy boston terrier). Well yesterday Cheyenne and I were invited to go to the dog park here in Jacksonville Arkansas! We went to today with our friends Jessica and Andy and their 6 month old baby, Morgan, and their boxer Bo.

Cheyenne and I pulled up to the dog park and kinda scoped out the area. There was a (possible) drug deal going down, so I parked on the other side of the parking lot. There is a lake (not for doggies to swim in though!), some ball fields and then two good sized fenced in areas for dogs. After the drug dealers/dealee's drove away Cheyenne and I got out and went to the fence. There were no other dogs there unfortunately! :( But soon Bo came along and Cheyenne had a friend to play with! But guess what? It took her a while to get up and actually play! Eventually they did run around for awhile, slobbered on each other, Bo did a few jumps over Cheyenne, they chased a ball, had some water, barked at each other and made Morgan laugh (which was adorable), got covered in mud then they were pooped. (No pun intended).

Another dog did come along with his mom and dad, a golden retriever, but Bo and Cheyenne were barking at the dog (playfully). So they decided to go into the other side of the fence, leaving our two very sad that the new doggie didn't want to play with them! Poor pups. :) Oh well- it was all well and good, they were kinda done anyways!

I got Cheyenne packed up and then got her home and marched her straight to the bath tub. She was filthy. Chunks of mud stuck on her and everything. I got her soaked, just enough that there was still mud on her, but she was wet so the mud was pretty saturated... then I turned my back for one second to grab the shampoo and Cheyenne went flying through the air! I caught her, and she started wiggling to get free from me! While she wiggled she managed to get mud on the door, more in the tub, all over me, the walls, floor and ceiling. I have pictures of the main area, but after I got her all clean I realized it was on the mirror, in the sink etc. Anyway, finally got her clean, she is laying in 'her room' (aka: crate) and she's sulking. I'm sulking too because that was a lot of mud to clean up!

Whew. What an afternoon.
AND I went to the dentist this morning. There are a few spots I need to keep an eye on, but overall- pretty good teeth. I do still grind my teeth (news to me 6 months ago) and this dentist recommended I wear a mouth guard at night... maybe I will. :-/

George was supposed to get his first real flight in the C-130 today but it didn't happen. These planes were built in the 1960's so his didn't make it off the ground today... maybe tomorrow! We're optimistic!

ALSO... update on the house hunting: I'm better with it, still don't love the idea but I'm okay with it if he takes care of it (although I realize it's inevitable that I'll be the one stuck dealing with it all...) so we put in an offer Friday, they let it expire, didn't even counter-offer so today George went and put in an offer for a bit higher. We'll see how it goes. If we do get this house we'll be repainting the whole house, putting in new carpet, blinds and airing it out from smokers... ::sigh::

Hope you all have a wonderful day, it was beautiful weather here today! Hooray for temperatures in the 70's and sunny skies. I can feel flip-flop weather right around the corner!

Chelsea

0 comments: