Monday, May 17, 2010

Cars, Jobs and School... the important things

We bought a car yesterday! It's a 1999 Mazda Premacy. It's small and silver and pretty cute. I don't have a picture of it yet because we haven't officially purchased it because we don't have our Japanese drivers licenses. We'll get those on Thursday. We put a down payment on it with a woman who lives here on base and is selling it because she has 3 kids and they're buying a van. It seems to run great and will get us around Japan just fine. It has navigation but it's all spoken in Japanese. Oh well!

I also stopped by the CDC here and chatted with the girl at the desk and it sounds like they are not hiring for the position I'd like to do right now. But I'm not giving up on the job search. I went by the human resources office on base and the job options on base seem pretty limited but it sounds like there are plenty of job opportunities off base teaching English which I'm very interested in. It'll be fun to see where the job cards fall here in the next couple of weeks.

I went by the education office too! I talked with the University of Maryland and the University of Phoenix. Both sound promising and I'm meeting with a counselor from UM today and someone is reviewing my transcripts online from Phoenix.

We had a pretty relaxing Sunday and Monday. It's Tuesday morning and am off to visit the counselor at Maryland and I'm hoping he won't estimate it'll take me a long time to graduate! It's just such a frustrating situation!

Anyway, I'll keep you all updated on school and jobs and driving. Love to you all!

Chelsea

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

ou are doing such a good job of keeping us all updated!! I am captivated!! I love reading about everything!!! Miss you!