Sunday, June 20, 2010

I love getting MAIL!

Mail is one of my favorite things. It always has been. I used to race my brother to the mailbox. Did I ever receive mail as a child? Eh- not really, my grandparents were always wonderful about sending me a birthday card, on time, each year! I loved getting the Christmas cards, and since I moved away, I get a lot more mail. Most of them are bills these days, but I still really enjoy seeing something in my mailbox! Today I went to get the mail and I had 3, yes, THREE packages. And I'm excited about it, so you are finding out about it.

1. My friend and ex-roomie has been a wonderful pen-pal since we've moved to Japan and she sent me the GLEE soundtracks! YAY! I was SO happy to get that!!! Thanks Lar!

2. I also got a t-shirt that I ordered for George in the mail as a present. I can't tell you what it says yet, because he hasn't seen it.

3. The third thing I got came from George's mom and sister in WI! They sent us Cholula (a Mexican hot sauce/flavoring) that we couldn't find here and Cavendar's, which is a Greek Seasoning. Well, when I got the box, it was wrapped in a garbage bag and you could see orange liquid had seeped through the whole box, almost at every angle. I got the box open and there was one bottle of Cholula, still in perfect condition and 2 shakers of Cavendar's. But there was one bottle missing and a plastic bag with a note from the Postal Service on it. (Not the band, unfortunately) Here are the pictures.

Anyway, I just wanted to share about my mail obsession because I was so happy to get 3 packages!

I also started a "Survival Japanese" course here on the base today, and learned some new things! It's a 6 week long class and I feel like I'll know a lot more Japanese by the end of the 6 weeks!






And here is a picture for some of the people who are still back in the states that were asking about the curtain system here in the base houses! I hope this explains it a little more!

2 comments:

George said...

Wow...that was bad. What does my shit say?

Kathy Z said...

I love getting mail too! Good for you taking those classes, you are really immersing yourself in the culture! What a wonderful experience!