Friday, February 19, 2010

Introduction...

Hello family and friends,

I am so excited to be starting a blog. I have always enjoyed writing but I never seem to take the opportunity to do it! After reading a few friends blogs for years and dreaming of writing my own blog... I finally feel like I have a life that is entertaining enough to write about.

As we all know George and I were married May 31, 2008. We moved from Valdosta, Georgia to Enid, Oklahoma to Corpus Christi, Texas to Little Rock, Arkansas all from June 2008-September 2009. Are you exhausted from all of that? Because we sure are! And NOW we are moving to JAPAN! Yep, little me is going to go on the adventure of a lifetime with my bff George!

We've known we are moving to Japan since August 2009, but since our plane tickets have now been booked... it all seems SO real! We leave the states May 17! SO SOON!

We are currently living in Little Rock, Arkansas in a house with 4 other people. Yep, 6 people and a dog. It's actually a lot of fun. We joke about having a 'confessional' room, like on MTV's Real World for us to all complain about each other. :) But, it's only a joke. We live with Kyle and Lauren, who were married this past August and Chris and Beth who have been dating since this past August. It's a lot of fun.

I am working at Pottery Barn, and I actually really like it. Retail is so different from working in the education world that I always have, but it's pretty entertaining, and I've learned a lot. However, I do miss working with children! I can't wait to get back into the CDC's (Child development center... not to be confused with Center for Disease Control)in Japan!

As a military family we've learned to rely on other people, especially when it comes to Cheyenne! We've had people watch her for us when we've gone out of town (as there is no family nearby) and it's always nice to be able to return the favor to another military family! So today we have Ace, our friend's dog staying with us, and he will be sleeping here overnight, one of Cheyenne's first sleepovers! :) Ace is really laid-back and is a (guessing....) Beagle/Jack Russel/other mix and he is so cute. We got Cheyenne a big huge rawhide bone that is shaped into a candy-cane for Christmas, yep- almost 2 months ago. She hasn't touched it. Since Ace arrived this morning she has done nothing but chew and protect that bone. Silly girl.

I have to work today from 4-10. I'm happy and thankful that I have a job that I enjoy but I really do miss my Monday-Friday job. I mean... who really wants to work on the weekends? Not me! :)

I hope you enjoy my blog- I don't know if I really have anything important to say but I think it should be a little bit entertaining as we get ready for the big move to Japan!

Thanks for reading,

Chelsea

Here are the pictures of the three homes we've lived in this year!

Our first home in Enid Oklahoma!


Our second home in Corpus Christi, Texas!


Our current and third home in 14 months in Little Rock, Arkansas!

1 comments:

Lauren Alderman said...

I would certainly say they've gotten progressively better!