Monday, February 22, 2010

"It's going to be an adventure..."

I love yoga. Just since we've moved to Little Rock I've kind of fallen in love with it. Am I very good? Questionable. Do I enjoy it? Definitely. It's all about flexibility, balance and overall health--all things I look forward to improving in the future. George and Kyle got Lauren and I a yoga certificate to do 5 90minute classes with our favorite yoga instructor Katie. She is also an AF spouse and will be leaving soon, so we are trying to get our last 3 out of 5 classes done!

I want to extend a big CONGRATULATIONS to Kyle and Lauren who have had their offer accepted for a house they are going to purchase in Abilene, Texas. We are so happy for them! And even a bit jealous. :) We get to sit around and watch our friends buy these wonderful homes because they'll be here in the states and we won't. It's a little disappointing but we know Japan will also be a wonderful experience for us. We can at least save up money to get a home when we're ready! We really are very excited for everyone else!

Finding a job sucks. Really. I hate searching for a job. I find this to be one of the most awful, daunting tasks. It makes me have to think about myself and my skills and sometimes I feel I fall short of the mark for what people are looking for. OR I'm completely over qualified. I've applied for the same job that I did in Corpus. The job I loved, the actual act of working there... eh- not so much, but I really look forward to hearing back from the CDC in Japan! I miss working with children and really hope that this job will work out!

I really enjoy working. I like to leave the house, do something that makes me feel I'm contributing to society and our financial situation as a family, and it gives me something to do. BUT... I also enjoy laying around all day playing Yahtzee and Bubble Spinner on my computer and watching HGTV. (Yep, more tv addictions...) I enjoy painting and scrapbooking, all things creative, baking/cooking. I have enough hobbies to occupy myself, but I do want to work. I just can't justify NOT working. Even though it is fun to not work. :)

I really just want to travel when we get to Japan. Travel, travel, travel. I feel that is one of the most important things to do while we have he opportunity. We don't have children to lug around, and hello- we'll be living on the other side of the world- how could we not want to travel?! I can't wait to meet local people, try the local food, learn the language, eat barefoot in restaurants, sit on the floor, finally conquer the art of eating with chopsticks (instead of sushi with my fingers... hahaha). I'm just so excited! Sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about leaving the US, and my family and friends (even though we're already separated)... but I just keep repeating: "It'll be fine! Everything will be OK!!! It's going to be an adventure!!!"

Feel free to continue to repeat these phrases as you run into me too. :)

Love,love,love,

Chelsea

0 comments: